UCET Annual Conference
The 2019 UCET annual conference took place on 5-6th November at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Selections from the conference programme are now available to download (see 'Downloads' opposite).
The 2020 Annual Conference will also take place at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon on the 3rd and 4th of November, 2020. Registration will open in April.
Keynote presenters were:
- Mary Bousted, Joint General Secretary of the National Education Union
- Moyra Boland, University of Glasgow
- Trevor Mutton, University of Oxford
- Julie Greer, Cherbourg School and UCET School Reference Group Chair & Caroline Daly, UCL Institute of Education
There was a dedicated special research strand this year on 5 key topic themes in focus: security, risk and citizenship;forced migration and education: working with newly arrived young people and families; pupil "ready-ness" v. school "ready-ness"; education “post truth” and race/class/gender/sexuality.
The UCET 2019 Annual Conference is over, but you can still catch up with all the Keynote presentation videos that our headline partners, ONVU Learning, have exclusively prepared for UCET members. Visit the dedicated page and learn more about the recently launched Initial Teacher Training Core Content Framework (ITTCCF), explained in detail by Sam Twiselton & James Noble-Roger, and much more. So please visit their website and watch the videos at the bottom of the page.
Photographs from the conference can be viewed on Flickr (including a video of the tribute act, Dusty Springfield). Many thanks to Jas Sansi for his professionalism and talent.
The UCET Lifetime Achievement Award
This year saw the presentation of the first UCET Lifetime Achievement award, which was presented to Professor Peter Gilroy by Professor Linda la Velle (University of Plymouth). The text of the presentation speech is available to download and read from the sidebar.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
A 10% discount to be applied to registrations of five or more from the same institution.
Full fees (excluding discounts) for 2019 are:
Whole Conference: £427.00 (Tuesday & Wednesday, including gala dinner and Tuesday night bed and breakfast).
If you are attending the following elements:
- Tuesday only: £206.00
- Tuesday gala dinner: £52.00
- Tues night B&B: £119.00
- Wednesday only: £206.00
If you are bringing a non-delegate partner: £52.00 (inc. VAT for B&B accommodation).
Cancellation Deadline: Monday 14th October at 5:00pm. Please note that cancellations received after this date will be charged.
- Invoices will be sent after we have received your registration. Please raise a purchase order number with your departmental administrator.
- We can only accept payment in Pounds Sterling.
- Fees are non-refundable, other than in exceptional circumstances. Registrations can however be transferred to other people if necessary.