UCET Annual Conference
UCET Annual Conference 2021: 2nd and 3rd November
Due to the success of last year's conference on-line, UCET will be holding this year's annual conference on-line again. The event includes keynote speakers, workshop and symposias, with the possibility of some local and regional face-to-face events are part of the experience.
This year's fees will be confirmed soon.
Keynote speakers confirmed so far include:
- Rachel Lofthouse (Leeds Beckett) - Passions and provocations in teacher education: reflecting on 30 years of policy and practice in England. This ‘keynote’ will be presented by a collective of six current and former teacher educators. Through a chain reaction conversation we will share some of the motivations, irritations and innovations framing our work in teacher education (ITTE and beyond). This will reveal some of the opportunities and tensions that have emerged between teacher education policy and practice over the last thirty years. The panel will consist of: Shabnam Anam (Leeds Beckett University); Victoria Crooks (Nottingham University); Professor Christine Harrison (King's College London); Professor David Leat (Newcastle University); Professor Rachel Lofthouse (Leeds Beckett University) and Jan Rowe (Liverpool John Moores University).
Other keynote speakers are:
- Ian Thompson and Harry Daniels (Oxford)
- Leigh Hoath (Leeds Trinity)
- Sarah Steadman (King's College London)
- Jack Worth (NFER) Recruitment to ITE programmes, retention and the availability of ITE placements
Fees for this year are:
- £100 for attendance on both days
- £50 for attendance on one day (Tuesday or Wednesday)
To register, please click the register button opposite. Please raise a purchase order number via your departmental administrator. Invoices will be sent after we receive your registration.
A copy of the programme of workshops will be made available nearer the date, once finalized.