UCET Annual Conference
The 2019 UCET annual conference will take place on 5-6th November at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Keynote presenters confirmed so far are:
- Mary Bousted, Joint General Secretary of the National Education Union
- Moyra Boland, University of Glasgow
- Trevor Mutton, University of Oxford
Further keynotes will be announced in due course.
Professor John Furlong (University of Oxford & BERA) will lead a plenary session on the teacher education reforms in Wales.
There will be a range of workshops concerning teacher education and education research in the UK and internationally.
One strand of the conference programme will be dedicated to what teachers need to know about contemporary debates in education research. There are 5 key topic themes in focus: security, risk and citizenship;forced migration and education: working with newly arrived young people and families; pupil "ready-ness" v. school "ready-ness"; education “post truth” and race/class/gender/sexuality.
If you are interested in delivering a workshop/session on the above topics please get in touch with Professor Alexandra Kendall (Birmingham City University) at: Alexandra.Kendall@bcu.ac.uk
Evening entertainment will include a 3-course dinner with a 'Dusty Springfield' tribute act to follow this year.
There will also be the traditional boat experience down the river Avon.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
A 10% discount to be applied to registrations of five or more from the same institution.
Full fees (excluding discounts) for 2019 are:
Whole Conference: £427.00 (Tuesday & Wednesday, including gala dinner and Tuesday night bed and breakfast).
If you are attending the following elements:
- Tuesday only: £206.00
- Tuesday gala dinner: £52.00
- Tues night B&B: £119.00
- Wednesday only: £206.00
If you require accommodation on the Monday night (5th): £135.00
If you are bringing a non-delegate partner: £52.00 (inc. VAT for B&B accommodation).
- Invoices will be sent after we have received your registration. Please raise a purchase order number with your departmental administrator.
- We can only accept payment in Pounds Sterling.
- Fees are non-refundable, other than in exceptional circumstances. Registrations can however be transferred to other people if necessary.