The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
Promoting high standards in the education and professional development of teachers
- Education and Training Foundation newsletter (June-July)
- UCET Summer 2020 Newsletter
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2020 - Inclusion and Education: All Means All
- Musical chairs: Understanding and tackling COVID-19 disruption to the teacher recruitment market (June 2020)
- UCET statement on the Core Content Framework and OfSTED inspection framework (23rd June 2020)
- More news
- UG Primary Teaching 5-11 (with QTS) programmeUniversity of Hull
- PGCE/CertEd Further Education & Training/Further Forces ProgrammeUniversity of Portsmouth
- PGCE Primary (with QTS) - 5-11 & 3-7 agesUniversity of Bedfordshire
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Early Years Foundation Stage (Ref: 028555)University of Hertfordshire
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Education (Inclusion and SEND)University of Hertfordshire
- Welsh Language Co-ordinatorOpen University in Wales