The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
Promoting high standards in the education and professional development of teachers
- Initial teacher education providers: unsung heroes of the pandemic (September 29th, 2020)
- DfE: New Immigration System: new guidance and other developments (September 25th 2020)
- DfE: SKE courses & conditional offers (25th September 2020)
- DfE: Trainee teachers & 'critical worker' status (22nd September)
- OfSTED: Initial Teacher Education update (September 2020)
- Launch of teachers' well-being and resilience project
- CollectivED: The Mentoring & Coaching Hub (September-October newsletter)
- #DiverseEd Educators events
- FLiTE - September 2020 update
- National Roll Out of the Early Career Framework (ECF) (September 2020)
- More news
- Secondary Design and Technology ( Tenure 2020-2021 to 2023-2024)University of Roehampton
- BA Primary Professional Studies (Tenure 2020-2021 to 2023-2024)University of Roehampton
- External members of the Periodic Quality Review panel – Education, Childhood, Youth and Sport...Open University
- Interim Executive Dean of Faculty (3 months, subject to extension, part-time hrs will be considered)Newman University
- Assistant Professor in Science EducationUniversity of Nottingham
- Subject Leader Initial Teacher TrainingUniversity of Northampton