The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
- Attachment Research Community: Attachment and Trauma Awareness - teaching, learning and emotional wellbeing in schools
- OfSTED inspections of ITE (from May 2021)
- Education and Training Foundation newsletter (April- May 2021)
- OFSTED ITE update (April 2021)
- DfE: Teacher Recruitment Bulletin (April 2021)
- More news
- External Examiner for Primary PGCE with PE courses (5-11 yrs)Sheffield Hallam University
- Primary and Early Years BA in Teaching and Learning (BATL) - September 2021 startSheffield Hallam University
- External Examiner for PGCE (Non QTS )University of Cumbria
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: Teach First PGDE (Secondary Maths) 1.0FTE - 2X Full time postsBath Spa University
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: Teach First PGDE (Secondary Geography) 0.5FTEBath Spa University
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: Teach First PGDE (Secondary Modern Languages) 1.0FTE - 2X Full time postsBath Spa University