The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
Promoting high standards in the education and professional development of teachers
- The 11th annual TEAN (Teacher Education Advancement Network) conference (6 & 7th May 2020, Manchester): call for papers
- On line CPD courses for support staff: Primary and Secondary
- DfE Teacher Recruitment Bulletin (October 2019)
- Funding: initial teacher training (ITT), academic year 2020 to 2021
- NAPE: Rosemary Evans Bequest Award
- More news
- BA Post Compulsory Education and PCE modules on the MA in Professional Practice and Lifelong...University of Wolverhampton
- External Assessor: MA education: The Masters multi-disciplinary dissertation moduleThe Open University
- External Examiner, for a 4-year tenure, starting in Jan 2020. The course is available as: o MA in...Brunel University
- Primary Curriculum Tutor, PGCE - WalesOpen University (Wales)
- Science Curriculum Tutor, PGCE - WalesOpen University Cardiff
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Early Years EducationUniversity of West London, School of Human and Social Sciences