The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
Promoting high standards in the education and professional development of teachers
- BERA Spring Newsletter
- UCAS Teacher Training Bulletin
- Education and Training Foundation Newsletter (March-April 2020)
- TEAN 2020 Conference: postponed until 2021
- DfE Corona Virus: Advice for ITE providers (updated 27th March 2020)
- UCET Spring Newsletter 2020
- DfE statement on the Corona virus and ITE
- Corona Virus Well-Being Hub launched
- DBS Checks and Coronavirus: a guide
- More news
- • External Examiner for Primary and Early Years ITE (reviewing across BA Primary Education with QTS...University of Chester
- External Examiners STEM subjects (various - Sept/Oct start) & Subject Specialist Validation Panel...University of Sunderland
- PGCE Business Education (Sept/Oct start)University of Sunderland
- Senior Lecturer in Primary PE (Maternity cover – September 2020 to April 2021)University of Roehampton
- Reader/Principal LecturerUniversity of Hertfordshire