The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
High educational and personal achievement for all learners through excellence in teacher education.
To act as an independent and authoritative voice on teacher education while supporting the quality, sustainability and professionalism of teacher education by encouraging cohesive partnerships, engaging constructively with stakeholders and drawing on research from across the UK and internationally.
Promoting high standards in the education and professional development of teachers
- A slap in the face? The English government's plans for initial teacher education
- UCL: A free online seminar: Wednesday 28 April 2021 (3-5pm)
- Top Education Reports in Autumn 2020: Bristol Document Summary Service
- DfE: Teacher Recruitment Bulletin (February 2021)
- Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (February 2021)
- DfE: Covid-19 February 2021 updates
- More news
- Primary PGCE ProgrammesUniversity of Sunderland
- PGCE with QTS (Primary and Early Years) and EYITT Bath Spa University (September 21 start)Bath Spa University
- PGCE Secondary EnglishStaffordshire University
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Secondary Mathematics EducationNottingham Trent University
- Senior Education DeveloperBirmingham City University
- Principal Lecturer (Teaching) and Course Leader in PGCE SecondaryUniversity of Worcester