Guidance & resources
UCET Key Documents
- Building Research Informed Teacher Education Communities: case studies appendix template
A copy of the template for the case studies for 'Building Research Informed Teacher Education Communities' position paper.
- Current Policy Landscape
- DBS guidance (Updated June 2019)
- JNR Presentation on UCET Strategy to Management Forum (4th Dec 2018)
- Press Release: DfE Recruitment and Retention strategy (Jan 19)
- UCET Forum Dates 2019/2020
- UCET Lifetime achievement award: criteria
- UCET position paper: Building Research Informed Teacher Education Communities (July 2019)
Responding directly to the BERA-RSA challenge, this UCET position paper sets out a practical, dynamic framework that will support development of high quality research-informed practice wherever teacher education occurs. The purpose of this is to enable teacher educators in any context or setting to undertake critical curriculum review, (Nunn, 2017) and to develop TE provision that is deeply and purposefully engaged with research. The framework is supported by exemplary case studies, covering topics including research ethics, action research, scaling up of small scale research findings, developing research capacity and community in school-HEI partnerships.
- UCET Response to QTS Consultation Response
- UCET Workload Report Companion Greer and Daly (Feb 2019)
- UCET-NASBTT FAQs: Level 6 QTS Apprenticeships (Nov 2017)
DFE Documents and Links
- DfE guidance on ITT self evaluation documentation and improvement planning
- DfE Postgraduate Apprenticeships Guidance: for schools and providers (updated July 2019)
- Early Career Framework (Jan 2019)
- Fee funding for part time courses 2019/2020 (March 2019)
- Guide to decision and offer-making for UCAS
- Internet Safety Consultation Strategy Green Paper (Mar 2018)
- ITE Bursaries and SKE guidance (Mar 2018)
- ITT Census 2018 to 2019
- ITT providers: criteria and supporting advice (last updated: 21 Jan 2019)
- New Recruitment and Retention Strategy (Jan 2019)
- Prompts for ITE providers to monitor the content of their programmes in the light of the Carter Review and the ITE content framework
- Provider level analysis: teacher supply, mobility and retention (Mar 2018)
- SKE Providers Roundtable Discussion note
- Summer Recruitment Service and UCAS 2019
Minister Gibb wrote to providers on 6 June indicating that this year the DfE will again be offering the Summer Recruitment Service. Candidates will be directed via the Teacher Training Adviser (TTA) service to providers and schools who have confirmed that they will be open in the summer.
- Teacher Workload Reduction Service - Michael Green (Mar 2018)
- UCAS Teacher Training Admissions Guide (Jan 2019)
- Workload Toolkit Consultation Memo (Jan 2018)
- Workload Toolkit Consultation Memo DfE QTS Consultation: Breakout Session Slides (Jan 2018)
- Evidence Bundles for Tracking Progress - Supporting Guidance (December 2017)
- Training & Assessment Toolkit - at a glance
- Training and Assessment Toolkit (Third Edition, December 2017)
- Inspecting ITE guidance: revised handbook (September 2018)
- ITT Census 2017 to 2018
- Letter to ITE Partnerships Jan 2018
- OFSTED Letter to ITE Partnerships May 2019 (updated 30 May 2019)
The trainee online questionnaire (TOQ) survey has been sent to providers and is open from 15 April 2019 – 31 July 2019. The letter includes an update on the protocol for sharing data with the DfE.
- BMSD Advice for Schools 2018: brief guidance to support schools and parents in meeting the needs of young Muslim people
- Council for Subject Associations - a list of resources for trainee teachers
The flyer below contains a list of links to various subject associations which can help both trainee and NQTs who are looking for ongoing professional development in their subject.
- Education Policy Institute Report: post 18 education and funding (May 2019)
In February 2018, the Prime Minister launched a review into the post-18 education system, led by Philip Augar. The review is the first to examine post-18 education funding in almost a decade, and as well as considering tuition fees, will also consider the funding of wider post-18 qualifications and further education.
- ITT Census Collection 2018 - guidance for TTP
- ITT External Examiner Review Checklist
- Middlesex University: Building the Future of Primary Religious Education
NEW Online resources to support Primary ITT are launchedCulham St Gabriel’s, with support from NATRE, have launched two new resources to support primary teachers of RE. At the Building the Future of Primary Religious Education Conference held at the University of Middlesex the following were showcased:• A free new toolkit for Primary ITT tutors• A free new self-study Teach:RE Primary – an introduction courseA copy of the press release flyer is also available to download and distribute.
- NFER report (overview) Teacher Dynamics in England Nov 18
- NFER report teacher workforce dynamics in England 2018