ITE Primary & Early Years Forum
Chair: Professor Des Hewitt (University of Warwick); Vice-Chair: Jan Ashbridge (University of Cumbria)
The ITE primary and early years forum meets termly to discuss the range of administrative, policy and pedagogic issues relating to the initial education of teachers in the primary and early years sectors. Termly meetings are supplemented by morning symposia which look at particular issues in greater depth, and often include expert speakers from outside organisations. Key topics for discussion often include: OFSTED inspection procedures; partnerships between schools, early years settings and universities; safeguarding; application of the teaching and EYTS standards; and the supply of teachers to the primary and early years sectors.
Presentations from previous morning discussions are available to download below.
- BoothandWoodfine_TakingForwardNewWaysofLearning_05.03.21 (pdf 396KB)
- OfSTED Inspection Data Summary Report (pdf 454KB)
- OfSTED Inspection Data Summary Report webinar: questions (docx 33KB)
- Quality Assurance Enhancement and Risk Management_DesHewitt_Nov2020 (pptx 201KB)
- OfSTED DBS message (docx 17KB)
- EYITT_Requirements_Supporting_Advice_March 19 (docx 79KB)
- Curriculum-Activity_KeeleandNorthStaffs (pdf 633KB)
- ImplicationsofOfSTEDscurriculmbreadth_DesHewitt (pdf 2.2MB)
- LearningSciencesinITE_KendraMcMahon_BSU (pdf 1.3MB)