OfSTED Consultation: ITE education inspection framework and handbook
27 January 2020
About this consultation
This consultation seeks your views on our proposals for changes to the initial teacher education (ITE) framework from September 2020. The proposed framework applies to all phases of ITE, including early years, primary, secondary and further education.
- to introduce two key judgement areas only: the new ‘quality of education and training’ judgement will replace the current ‘outcomes for trainees’ and ‘quality of training across the partnership’ judgements
- to apply a new methodology for gathering evidence during an inspection
- a one-stage model of inspection
- to introduce a short and longer telephone call with ITE partnership representatives
- spring and summer term inspections only
We will consider all responses carefully before finalising and publishing the framework in summer 2020.