International Council on Education for Teaching (ICET) 2020, 64th World Assembly: 1st announcement and call for papers (23-25th June, Bath Spa University)
9 January 2020
Call for Papers
The submission of abstracts is open to ICET members and non-members.
Oral paper presentations, symposia, posters and workshops are the formats of presentation at the ICET 2020 World Assembly. Presentations within the following themes are invited for presentation at the conference:
Theme: Building Global Teacher Education Communities: international research-based collaboration
- Research-informed teacher education:
- content of teacher education courses
- design of teacher education courses
- teacher educators as consumers of research
- teacher educators as producers of research
- Digital technologies in teacher education
- Mentoring and coaching in teacher education
- Education of teachers for:
- early years
- further/adult education
- higher education
- Education for Sustainable Development (Caribbean Network for ESD)
- Educational Policy (BERA Symposium)
Guidelines and instructions:
Prospective participants are invited to submit abstracts of 300-500 words for one of the following presentation formats:
- Original papers: oral presentation
- Symposium papers: a series of 3+ papers with specific reference to one of the themes
There will be an opportunity to publish full papers in a series of journal special issues, linked to the sub-themes of the conference. Articles should comply with the advice and guidance below and meet the deadline for receipt in order to proceed through the double blind refereeing process. There will be further publishing opportunities for refereed articles that have not been selected for the special issues. Further information will be made available as soon as possible.
Abstracts: 28th February, 2020
Acknowledgement of receipt of all abstracts: within three working days of the abstract having been received, an email will be sent to acknowledge receipt. The corresponding author will be provided with an abstract number that should be stated in all further correspondence.
Abstracts will be considered on a continual basis.
Keynote Speakers and Programme
A detailed programme will be announced once it has been finalised.
Keynote speakers will be announced as soon as possible
- Monday, 22nd June 2020: Board Meeting, Dinner for Board
- Tuesday, 23rd June 2020: Conference presentations, Welcome reception
- Wednesday, 24th June 2020: Conference presentations, Gala Dinner
- Thursday, 25th June, 2020: Paper presentations
submission of abstracts
28th February, 2020
submission of refereed full papers
30th April, 2020
submission of non-refereed presentations
29th May 2020
Registration (no cancellation or refund after this date):
30th April 2020
22nd May 2020
The following conference registration fee structure is applicable:
Full time Conference participation (academics)
Full time conference participation (academics from developing countries*)
Full time conference participation (post graduate research students)
Full time conference participation (post graduate research students from developing countries*)
Academics from developing countries*
Post graduate research students
Post graduate research students from developing countries*
Gala Dinner (additional and optional)
*The list of countries to which this fee applies can be found at: https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/least-developed-country-category.html
The conference fee includes registration, conference material, refreshments and lunch during the day(s) of attendance, but excludes all travelling costs (except return bus journey at the beginning and end of the conference programme each day between Bath City and Newton Park); accommodation and any other refreshments are not included.
There will be no refunds after 30th April 2020, but you are most welcome to send a substitute at no extra cost.
When registration opens you will be able to pay directly by credit card or request an invoice.
Accommodation and Transport
All costs (travel, accommodation, any activities outside the conference programme) must be covered by the participant, regardless of the proposal acceptance. ICET2020 is not liable and holds no responsibility for any of these costs.
Accommodation is available at: Apex City of Bath Hotel, James Street West, Bath, BA1 2DA
Alternative accommodation in Bath Spa student residences may be available. Details of this will be published as soon as possible.
Transport will be provided at the beginning and end of the days’ conference programme. A regular public bus service operates throughout the day from outside the hotel to Newton Park. A timetable will be provided in the conference pack.
Interested companies are invited to showcase their books and/or products at the ICET 2020 conference.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding sponsorships and exhibition opportunities.
Local Organising Committee
- Linda la Velle (Bath Spa University)
- Nick Sorensen (Bath Spa University)
- Pat Black (Bath Spa University)
- Lindsay Melling (Bath Spa University)
- George Tanner (Conferencing team, Bath Spa University)
- Sarah Younie (De Montfort University, Leicester)
- Christina Preston (De Montfort University and MirandaNet)
- Tanya Ovenden-Hope (Plymouth Marjon University)
- Beth Gompertz (University of Plymouth)
All enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel the published venue, programme, dates and/or fee due to unforeseen circumstances.