Who we are
The Universities Council for the Education of Teachers acts as a national forum for the discussion of matters relating to the education of teachers and professional educators, and to the study of education in the university sector and contributes to the formulation of policy in these fields. Its members are UK universities involved in teacher education, and a number of colleges of higher education in the university sector.
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the sudden death of former UCET Chair Sally Yates. Sally was Chair of UCET for the three years up until 2013/14. Before that she served with distinction as Chair Elect, Vice Chair and chair of the primary and early years committee. Her years of service to UCET, on a purely voluntary basis, were second to none. Our thoughts go out to her family, friends and former colleagues. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
James Noble-Rogers, Executive Director
- World Association of Lesson Studies (WALS) International Conference 2016 (11 February)
- NSS (2016) for ITE and the NCTL proposals for data collection in 2016/17 (8 February)
- TEAN Journal (2 February)
- Open University NP3 project (28 January)
- Oxford Review - Best of British New Educational Research (26 January)
- ESRC Seminar Series - Final Seminar - 15 March 2016 (25 January)
- More news
External examiner vacancies
- PGCE Primary Education Programme - from September 2016 (Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Chief External Examiner (Education Department at the University of the West of England)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (validation event on 22nd March 2016 - external adviser sought) (Merseyside, Manchester and Lancashire SCITT)
- More examiner vacancies